Monday, February 27, 2012

Bailin out

Well, I'm embarrassed to say I bailed out on my Sunday trail run.  What was supposed to be 2 inches of snow on Saturday, turned out to be 6 or 8 inches in the mountains and I just did not want to run trails with that much snow cover.  That coupled with high stream levels following heavy rains earlier in the week would have made fording Otter Creek an adventure at the very least.

Soooo, I opted for a nice "dry" road run.  Roads were clear, sky was blue and temps were in the high 30's to low 40's.  I did 16 and it was great being able to look around at the scenery and not really pay attention to where I put my feet instead of looking down all the time and waiting for that lurking root to reach up and tackle me.   LOL

Back to the trails this coming weekend.

                                                          "Toe nails are for sissies."
                                                                        Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment